So why, why, why do people not have a photo on their linkedin profile ?
No photo on your linkedin profile - a missed opportunity, was a discussion I started on linkedin last month. After 50 or so replies/comments there is a groundswell of opinion that says no photo = A MASSIVE missed opportunity.
Below is a selection of comments :
1) Maybe they have something to hide ?
2) I want to see who I am talking to (even in cyberspace)
3) People like to see other people. It adds some credibility and potential customers like to have a picture of a face rather than a faceless company
4) I also feel that if someone isn’t willing to show the real them then I don’t see why I should connect with them or support them with feedback and ideas.
6) I always think that no photo means a lack of commitment to LinkedIn - i.e. you can't be bothered. Why would someone take the trouble to connect with someone when they haven't filled in their details?
So there you have it - you wouldn't have a brown paper bag covering your face when you were at a networking event - would you ?
What you waiting for - aim, click and upload that photo now !
PS - Thank you to all of you @ South Wales Business Contacts (linkedin group) who contributed to the debate and gave me such a rich source of material.