Monday 27 July 2009

Customer Experience the Carphone Warehouse way - part 2

Let's cut to the chase i've now got my mobile back - and it now works. I got it back (rather went to collect it on 22 July) the offer of delivery was never made, that might have been a partial recovery given i'd been down there twice before to collect a supposedly fixed mobile.

It was given back to me (admittedly by a different assistant) without any word of apology for all the hassle i'd had. It wasn't his fault, he didn't know me from Adam, but surely there was a way for the repair department or the customer care department to have provided some information to the store. No offer of compensation or a gesture of good will was made.This smacks of two things, one a total lack of customer care and secondly the absence of any joined up thinking.

How did I feel after this, well and truly processed. Not cared about and not important. I'm sure this wouldn't have been the customer experience Charles Dunstone (their CEO) would have wanted for a customer. At the end of the day the buck has to stop somewhere and I think at his door is as good a place as any.

What started off as a real wow left me as the late Freddie Trueman used to say "non plussed". My mobile phone contract is up at the end of the month, needless to say i'll be shopping around manically !

No comments:

Post a Comment