Thursday 19 July 2012

Bob Diamond won't stay in a travel lodge but Brad Burton does


Yesterday I was on twitter and I noticed a posting by Brad Burton (head of 4N the national & I believe now international networking organisation) including a picture of the Travel lodge he was staying at. So I tweeted 

 you might be brad b but you're not so up yourself to stay in a travel lodge. I like that.

The larger than life Northerner justified it on the grounds of it being good value and you can't really argue with that.

In tight economic times, we all have to tighten our belts and that should include leaders.

 If we are really all in this together then I as a leader shouldn’t be asking you to do anything I’m not prepared to do myself. So If I ask people who work in my organisation to reduce costs and look for savings then I should be doing the same. A kind of sharing the corporate pain culture emerges..

So the fact that I as the leader, CEO, etc of that business am prepared to use Travel lodges means that my manage-ment team can’t point fingers and sneer about different rules applying to the CEO.

Leaders should be judged on their behaviours and great leaders set
the right tone and role model the right things.

This small twitter exchange ended with me complementing the larger than life Northerner on his leadership style. 

 sets the right tone. Great leadership. Leading by example.

I like that too !








1 comment:

  1. click here it courses


    www.Itcourses-distancelearning.com
    National institute is the largest leading chain of skill based hands-on line -training providers for Vast Rang of :-

    v Air Line Ticketing,course
    v Cabin Crew Air Hostess course
    v Safety Officer/Engineer course
    v Seo Search Engine Optimization course
    v spoken English course
    v Hotel management. course
    v Call center training course
    v Web Development course
    v Technical Vocational courses
    Training Courses Pakistan and All over the World. Its Educational Heritage Can Be Traced Since 2007. National Institute has always led the market by introducing latest market driven IT, linguistics and online Courses. National institute is a trusted name in the field of on line education and training having the largest chain of institutions in the on line worldwide. National institute has a large group of happy &satisfied students attaining successes in their future lives & prospects.

    click here it courses
    contact +092 03115191387
    free call on internet sky pee--ID--- itcourses1
    email us itcoursesdistancelearning@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete